PDA

View Full Version : imported flash movie

adwood1980
04-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi All

Can somebody help me? I have an imported flash movie in a simple html file which i've done in dreamweaver but i have a gap each side of the movie (however wide I make the movie) which i dont want ..

www.onestopdesigns.co.uk

and you will see what I mean.. does anyone know a way round this?

And how to disable to horizontal scroll bar?

Thanks

Adam

ian27
04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
I couldn't see any flash, just a static graphic on the page but I presume you're referring to the blue gap on both the left and right - correct? To remove this, simply set your page margins to zero in your page properties dialogue box or by using CSS.

adwood1980
04-12-2005, 07:37 PM
thats the trick.. yeah its only a graphic at the mo.. alot of flash work to go!! its just a holding page for now...

however i feel incredibly stupid!
:blink:

ian27
04-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey don't feel stupid. It's a common mistake to make. Frequently the margins haven't been set so you automatically presume that they default to zero which just isn't the case. I have full time web designers asking me about this at work from time to time. You'll only learn by asking so feel free to give me a shout.

Best of luck with it.

Ian

ian27
04-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Another thing I would suggest is that you don't upload your .fla files to your server. They aren't needed on there and you don't want any unwelcome visitors meddling with them.

adwood1980
04-12-2005, 07:50 PM
thanks for the tip!

quite new to all this.. something im passionate about learning and making succesfull but it going to be a good slog as im self teaching so there may be a few questions - forums like this are a great help but i do try and figure it out for myself.. it takes time but I get there in the end!! :rolleyes: