PDA

View Full Version : Spaced out rows in table

sarajen
04-12-2005, 04:03 AM
New to forum and glad to have found it. I have beginner to moderate experience with DW.

I have developed a page using a template and am having difficulty with getting the rows to fit to the text.

http://clickychick.net/robert/default.htm ('http://clickychick.net/robert/default.htm')

At the top of the page, the table row is nice and tightly fitted to the text (where it says Dedication...). And even the text under Services is nice and fitted tightly. But the row under the text "Income tax preparation" and all below that are all spaced out. They do not look that way while editing in DW. I have tried a million things to fix including the obvious setting row height (not sure I did this right though) but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Jim_Shady
04-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi Sarajan,

If it was me then I would put more columns and cells into the table to divide things up a little better. Cut and paste the following code into a webpage for an example of how you could develop things...

<table width="28%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td colspan="2">Robert Cowen CPA </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="style6">Dedication, Commitment, Integrity, Experience </span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">Services</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="15%"></td>
<td width="85%">Income Tax Preparation </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td>Corporate</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td>Partnerships</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td>Trusts</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td>Not For Profit </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td>Income Tax Planning </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">Bookkeeping</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
</table>

Hope this helps,

Jim Shady.

sarajen
04-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Jim. I tried your suggestion but it does not seem to have solved the problem. When I pasted your code into DW, it worked just fine, but then when I tried to apply to my file, it still spaced out the rows (argh!).

I have made my file downloadable from a link on the lower right of my sight in case anybody wants to take a look and can offer suggestions.

Thanks again for any help.

sarajen
04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I finally figured it out! I just needed to get rid of all the indents on the right side as well. Thanks again Jim. Big smiley to you :D

Jim_Shady
04-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Nice one.

Shady.