PDA

View Full Version : Rollover help

threesheets
04-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Can anyone help me here,
I have a navigation bar with 16 buttons, each one has two states "rest" and "over"
this uses an image swap script in Dreamwaever. However I would like another image to change on my site simultaniously as i mouse over the buttons.

Is this possible...i'd hate to have to go and build the whole thing again with image ready:(

Thankyou

domedia
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Absolutely possible. You do this in the same window where you specify the mouseover images for your navigation. In your "swap image' window, select the other image you want to change (make sure you've named it) and specify the image it's supposed to change to.

Jim_Shady
04-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Mornin Domedia...

Got an example of the above that I could take a glance at? or perhaps a snippet of code so that I can see how it works? I want to do something like this on my latest project and am a little unsure...

Jim Shady.

domedia
04-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Not hard to do, this easy tutorial shows you how. Should work with minimal difference in most versions of DW.
http://www.dwfaq.com/tutorials/basics/disjointed.asp ('http://www.dwfaq.com/tutorials/basics/disjointed.asp')

Sloth_Boy
04-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Another way you can do what you wan to do and alot of other stuff. Is by using the Show/Hide layer behaviour in deamweaver...

Follow this step-by-step...

1. Create a layer you wish to appear when a trigger is activated

2. Name the layer to tell it apart from other layers

3. Select the layer, then in the properties inspector, change "vis" to hidden

4. Select a link you want to trigger the action (use a null link if you want)

5. Add a behaviour called "hide-show layer"

6. Select the layer you want to hide/show (in this case show)

7. Then you can change what you want to trigger this...(mouse over, mouse click, on load.etc) in this step-by-step, ill use on mouse click.

8. Now, whatever you have in that layer (whihc could be media, text, links.etc) will appear when the user clicks on the link you chose to trigger the behaviour.

This behaviour is very handy for making a website very interactive

I hope ive helped a few people by doing this

Cheers!!!