PDA

View Full Version : Scripts and templates questions

Finland Blue
03-24-2005, 11:25 AM
I have a web site which has around 30 pages, all based on one template.

I have a javascript I want to use, that will rotate images. I can get the script to work fine on the template itself, but when I add it into the normal .htm pages, which are based on the template, the images don't show.

Is this normal ...? Or is it something that SHOULD work, but I just havn't figured out why not ..?

Jim_Shady
03-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Hi there.

I find templates a bit funny.

What I reccomend is checking out all of your pages, and then going through each one and re-applying the template to all of the pages - and then checking back in the template/images/pages etc back to the site.

Hopefully this will do the trick.

Jim Shady.

Finland Blue
03-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks Jim,

I fixed it becuase the script I used in the template file was not in the editable region. Now it works ok.

domedia
03-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi there.

I find templates a bit funny.

What I reccomend is checking out all of your pages, and then going through each one and re-applying the template to all of the pages - and then checking back in the template/images/pages etc back to the site.

Hopefully this will do the trick.

Jim Shady.
Shady, you should not need to re-apply the template to all your pages. What if you had 100+ pages? The whole point of using Dreamweaver would be gone :) Let us know if you have specific problems like this again, and let's see how we can help you out.