PDA

View Full Version : multiple behaviors in the same line of text?!

Anonymous
03-06-2005, 09:47 PM
I have a page I've designed with a series of layers that I've set to "show" and "hide using the navigatiosn buttons on my page. What I would like to do is have one layer that has a single line of text that just consists of the numbers "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8" on it, and set a behavior for each number. The behavior I want to set is more "show/hide layer" behaviors, so that as you click each number in the line of text a different layer will show while the others hide. The problem is that when I try to set a behavior for any of the numbers, Dreamweaver MX seems to automatically set the same behavior for the whole line of text, and will not let me set individual behaviors to each individual number in the same line of text.
Is there a way to set separate behaviors to individuals numbers or words in the same line of text?
Please help if you can. Thanks!!!!

domedia
03-07-2005, 05:01 PM
If this is your way of paginating information, I suggest you create seperate pages for your content instead. The web is made up of web pages and there is nothing wrong with linking to another page for further reading :) Sounds like you're trying to mimick a flash movie most of all. So your navigation is not linking to seperate pages either?

But to your problem: Try making each number (1, 2, 3etc) is a seperate hyperlink before you attach the behaviour. Sounds like the behaviour is using an anchor that is surrounding all the numbers.