PDA

View Full Version : Am I taking crazy pills?

twicedaily
02-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Thank you to anyone who can help me with this.

I have gone to some other forums and have gotten no where!

This is what's going on. I have built a site in Dreamweaver. This site is in a folder called "public_html." In said folder is my index page and css file and then several folders containing html pages, images, etc. I have been able to attach the css to each page using the attach icon on the style palatte.
The styles appear properly in the Deamweaver workspace, but only the html is there when previewed in any browser or when uploaded to the internet through my FTP program.

I have checked the code and it looks like this:
<link href="/211-1.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

I have checked the code while in Dreamweaver and I have viewed the page source when the page is in a browser.
The code also validates for every browser, except Opera..

This has never happened to me before...

What's going on?

domedia
02-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Remove the slash from the beginning of your path, so it looks like this:<link href="211-1.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
The starting slash refers to the root of your server, I doubt you'll find the CSS file there. If your HTML file and CSS file is in the same directory, the above code should work.

twicedaily
02-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Dreamweaver stuck that "/" there...why is that?

So, should I pull my css file out of my root folder? My root folder is the "public-html" folder...

And I have tried removing the "/"...but it doesn't work...

MrQuietGuy
02-25-2005, 08:20 PM
If you give us the URL of the page in question, we can take a look and try to figure out what's going on.

Tom M.

domedia
02-25-2005, 08:36 PM
ok, it's probably better if you post the url, this is starting to be guessing work.
'public-html' is not the same as 'public_html'. Also the html and css file needs to be in the same folder on the server, but that I can't check until I know what your website url is :)