PDA

View Full Version : Help please from a newbie

mariejader
02-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Hello I am new to Dreamweaver and basically web design on the whole but as I could not wait anylonger for a company to build my site I decided the only way was to do it myself.

I have a site built now in FP but to be honest have had nothing but trouble with it not working correctly, so have decided enough is enough I want something to look good and work properly.

Now not having a clue how to use it, I have purchased a book called Dreamwever MX2004 right from the start and I am currently woking through this althoug it is a little out of date and they recommend a web site which tells you the changes since the book was first written, alright if I had know this from start!!

Anyhow I am at the stage now where I need to add Named Anchors.

The book said place the cursor at the end of the word resort ... (Resort was originally set up as my page description now I had this to start with in the wrong place so I moved it), and press enter,

When I hit enter I get the following message:-

Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or a translator, the change would be discarded.

Now I really don't want to skip this passage as it kind of defeats the exercise so if any one could tell me how to amend what I have done wrong I would really appreciate it.

Thank you all in advance

MrQuietGuy
02-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Have you tried placing your cursor really, really close to the end of the word resort? Sometimes it only takes a space of less than a millimeter to get into the out of bounds area. You might even try placing the cursor over the right-hand portion of the last letter.

Tom M.

Anonymous
02-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Thank you for the suggestion have just done that and no difference.

mariejader
02-22-2005, 07:31 PM
sorry helps if you log in first :P

I have just done what you have suggested and does not make any differnece