PDA

View Full Version : Almost giving up!

Anonymous
02-22-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm fairly new to FW/DW. I am using version 4 of both.

Having created a page in FW, I have tried to export it for use in DW. Well if this is not enough to make you consider suicide, I don't know what is.

I have sliced, cropped and used just about every export option (having read a couple of books & numerous sites). The problems I am having are roughly as follows:

My top nav bar has 4 buttons, each with pop-up menus. After exporting and inserting into DW, the pop-up menus have a life of their own; they appear anywhere on the screen they like. I can go back to FW and move them and back in DW they have moved relative to the edit I made in FW, but are not where they appear to be in FW.

When I insert the nav bar into my table in DW, a little icon comes with it (this has a 'script' tag selector and contains the function 'fwLoadMenus()'. The problem is that this little icon sits in the table and screws up the row height. I can only re-size the row if I delete the icon, which obviously removes the pop-up functionality.

I think that's enough for now, if I can get past these problems, I will post some more.

Thanks for any help.