PDA

View Full Version : screen size?

bedtime
02-15-2005, 04:16 PM
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Times'>

Hello I'm new Dreamweaver so take it easy ;)

I work on a 1024 sreen size. What srceen size (in dreamweaver) should I work with that when I publish the page/site every sreen size will take...so you don't have to scroll back and forth. Did I explain this right?

Bedtime :)

</span></span>

domedia
02-15-2005, 06:43 PM
There's 2 different ways you can approach this. Flexible Layout (fluid) that changes width depending on browser width. Absolute width that does not change.
The easiest way of creating a fluid layout is to use percentages for example <table width="90%"> you table will expand/contract based on screen width. If your website is graphic interface heavy, this could possibly give you many headaches, because the whole design would be dynamic. In my opinion this technique is more user friendly. This website is made with fluid layout, and you will not get a horizontal scrollbar unless you make the browser window very narrow.

If you want to use absolute width I suggest you make your website for the lowest common demoninator (sp?) within reason. For me this is a screen resolution of 800px width. Include some pixels for browser chrome and possible vertical scrollbar and you're left with something around 760px. This will vary on different browsers and Operating Systems. I use 760px width and haven't had a problem with it so far.

Good Luck on your website and let us know when it's done :)

sankar_45
03-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Is there a way of testing how your web site would look at different resolutions?
Does MX 2004 have this feature? My monitor is at 1024 size and I design for 800.
Now I change my monitor resolution and test.

I am a newbie in MX 2004.

Thank you.