PDA

View Full Version : Windows and Mac compliance

Simon
02-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi there, new member here.
I've recently constructed my site in layers using a PC. The sites online and works fine in Windows Internet Explorer, yet on Mac browsers one of the layers is not working.
The layer in question is being used to hide some images while the site is loading and then dissappears when a mouse over behaviour (show/hide layers) is applied to a thumbnail to reveal the relevent image. This works fine in Windows, but the "masking" layer on Macs has dissappeared, therfore revealing images while the page is loading- looks horrible!
If anybody understands my rambling, any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon.

domedia
02-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Hi Simon and welcome to the Forums! :)

I understand your frustration with layers, they can sometimes be very complicated to work with, especially if you're not a handcoder. I'm sure we can help, but it would be very helpful if we can see the actual code. Could you upload the page to a web server and provide a URL?

Simon
02-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks for replying domedia.

No problem, the sites on line and the URL is http://www.simonbower.com ('http://www.simonbower.com')

cheers,
Simon.

domedia
02-09-2005, 02:47 PM
The layers are actually showing in FF/Win as well while loading.

Is the initial state of the layers hidden? There should be a 'closed eye' icon in your layers panel next to each layer that is initially hidden when the page is loaded.

Simon
02-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Hi,

thats a good point, I'll have a look at that.

In the meantime I've added "show" to the masking layer in the show/hide layers behaviour on the event "on load" in the body section of the document.

Waiting to see if it works on other browsers! Fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Simon.

Simon
02-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi,

many thanks for that suggestion it works really well, the site is now viewable.

There are a couple of gliches, but I'll post those as a new topic in the future if I can't solve them.

shame you can't post a crate of beer over the net as thanks.

Cheers,
Simon.