PDA

View Full Version : which is best?

pesty
12-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Hi all,

I'm wanting to learn to use Dreamweaver, but I don't know which one to buy. I went to a Dremweaver discount site and there were all kinds of things to buy, and I didn't have a clue where to begin. :blink:

Are there different versions or is there only one version and the rest of the stuff is add-ons? Can it be downloaded from the internet or do I need to buy it?

I didn't see anything that said just "Dreamweaver". Can someone tell me exactly what title I need to look for?

Thanks for the help!

Pesty

gmcrone
12-20-2004, 08:23 PM
The current version is Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 version 7.01.
It is software that must be purchased and registered.

Purchase from a reputable re-seller , the current price listed at Macromedia is $399 US
If someone is trying to sell it to you for a lot less, it is either an old version or an illegal version that can't be registered.

Mike....

pesty
12-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the help Mike,

This Dreamweaver thing is about to get on my last 1/2 nerve. I bought a book called the "The Joy of Dreamweaver MX, Recipes for Data-Driven Web Sites".
It hasn't exactly the most helpful book, for someone just starting out.

Since Dreamweaver is high in cost, I think I will go to a computer store instead of buying on line. I want to be able to talk to a live salesperson and not a recording.

My operating system is WinXP. Is there anything else I should know before I try to buy?

MrQuietGuy
12-23-2004, 02:20 PM
I think you're right, a book like that would not be appropriate for first learning Dreamweaver, although I haven't read it. I have "Dreamweaver MX 2004 - with asp, coldfusion and php / training from the source" which is a very good book, but only if you you have a basic understanding of Dreamweaver and want to learn data-driven sites. Probably at a similar level to the book you have.

I wish I could recommend a book for you, but I don't have any. I'm a fairly quick learner, so don't normally use beginning books, but rather learn from the included documentation.

gmcrone
12-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Probably for someone just starting out in Dreamweaver is one of the "BIBLE" type of books.
I would look for "Dreamweaver MX 2004 Bible" by Joseph Lowery, published by
Wiley Publishing. ISBN 0-7645-4350-4
It goes step by step on how to use Dreamweaver.

Mike.....