PDA

View Full Version : DW 2004 Problems

exoticpublishing
09-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to the board.

Can anyone help me?

I've been trying to get things settled with my bloody template since I changed over computers & this guy put a JS on my template that screwed things up.

Some problems have been resolved & new ones have come forth.

Now I'm getting unbalanced editable tag errors. :( & I don't know what that means or how to fix it.

Someone told me ....

Another problem I noticed in your source code was that your table row background image references are broken or will be when you uplod your file to a live site.

<!-- bottom nav bar -->
<tr background="file:///D|/exoticpublishing/images/navigation/bgtopnav.gif"><td colspan="5" height="26">

You will need to use relative url's whereas the above shows an aboslute file path on your system. Better still, create a CSS class and apply this to all rows that require the background - much more cross-browser compatable and easier/quicker to update.

& I have no idea how to fix this problem as I know min. CSS. My CSS was done by a combination of people & it's a mess. :blink:

Can someone pls. contact me so I can send you my template & get this resolved once & for all <sigh>.

Oh & since a programmer several months ago had me make all my files into .phtml, I haven't been able to update any files associated with that folder.

The .phtml files don't even show up in the window, I have to click on "all files" from the drop down list. Yes, .phtml is in my extensions folder, so that got resolved.

HELP !!!

LOL, thanks

Michelle

domedia
09-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Hi Michelle and welcome to the Dreamweaver Forums :)

First about relative url's. This means that the url is set relatively from the location of the document you are working on. A relative url will look something like this: <a href="../folder/file.html">. If Dreamweaver is not recognising the location of the relative files when you make a link, you should recreate the Site Cache in Dreamweaver. Could it be that you started editing files on the new computer without settting up a Site correctly in DW first? This should be covered in the first chapters in the Dreamweaver Manual.

Integrating .phtml files with Dreamweaver is covered by an article on this very website. Using Extension .inc and .phtml with Dreamweaver ('http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-phtml-inc.php')

If you still have problems after this you can paste your template in this thread, and we can all look at it, much better than sending it by email to a single person B)