PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Email newsletter in Dreamweaver

upioh
08-24-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm using MX and am working on a weekly newsletter to email out to our patrons. When the email goes out to outlook and express patrons they have no problems. But when it goes to yahoo, excite, hotmail patrons, it had the background first followed by the first layer and so on. We've used layers and then tables and still no luck. Any suggestions please?
Thanks
Jim

MrQuietGuy
08-26-2004, 01:51 AM
I'm far from an expert on this, but since no one else has responded yet, I'll give my thoughts.

My understanding is that you can't count on e-mail clients in general to properly show all aspects of html mail. By that, I mean they can't do everything a browser does. I also understand that the mail sites you mentioned are far more restrictive in what they can do.

I think you may just need to make your page simpler and without layers.

Tom M.

domedia
08-26-2004, 04:03 AM
Hi upioh and welcome to the Dreamweaver Forum!
Writing html emails is a little different than writing normal web pages.
A few differences: All files references in the document should be on a server and called with full path (images etc) Yahoo/hotmail etc will ignore the body tag when using the browser to read email. Insert a <div id="body"> as replacement just inside the body tags and apply your css to this tag instead. Place your <style> tag with all styles within your <body>, Many browser email clients will ignore everything in <head>Apart from these general rules, we probably need to se the actual html email for better advice :)