PDA

View Full Version : unable to view site working on

islandguy
06-23-2004, 12:21 PM
I am working on a site and I try to view the site via ie browser and it takes me to my dreamweaver workspace. I can view the site from other computers just not the one I am using to work on the site with. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

natimage
06-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Let me make sure I got this right. You open IE, type www.yourdomain.com in the address bar, and Dreamweaver opens with your site? I assume you view other sites fine?

If the above is correct...I would start by cleaning cache and temporary files. I don't think that will fix it, but that's what I would do first. Beyond that, I'm not sure yet. I've never seen this type of problem. I'll do some research and see if I turn up anything.

natimage
06-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Are you using Contribute at all? Sounds like contribute could have some functionality to do things like this. I'm not sure...I've never worked with it. I can't find anything on a google search, or searching Macromedia forums. I hate their forums though!

How about a link to your site? It's a place to start, and maybe we'll turn something up.

You could also go into IE Tools, Internet Options, Programs and make sure nothing is set to Dreamweaver.

gmcrone
06-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Are you using F12 from inside Dreamweaver or actually opening your browser and typing in the address outside Dreamweaver ??

underzen
06-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Sounds like it might be Contribute.