PDA

View Full Version : Review please

cdingman
06-12-2004, 11:44 PM
Guys,

Check this out...

Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.cabarettheatre.org/newSite/splash.html ('http://www.cabarettheatre.org/newSite/splash.html')

It's not done yet. I did it in Fireworks and Dreamweaver.

:)

gmcrone
06-13-2004, 05:28 PM
1. I do like the colour choice and background graphic.
2. I like the type choice Comic Sans, I think. Whimsical & friendly

The graphical map looks like a guitar head, is this what you intended ?
I would go with something that looks more like a stage setting.

Do you really need a splash page? When search engines index this page they will find no text except your title, not good for search engine listings.

I am not saying the page doesn't look good, it does, and your concept is good, I just think that there may be ways to improve on it. :D

Mike

underzen
06-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Not to bad.

The first thing that through me off was at the bottom where you have your adsense ad. The drop shadow that you use is on not the same angle that you used near the top. That really bothers me and doesn't flow well.

The rollover image is ok, not a big fan of it but it seem to work ok.

I do not like the javascript that you use to change status bar text. That is so annoying and so 8 years ago. Although Sitepoint uses it and it works out pretty good for them.

The red stroke that you use in the center of the that looks like its a cut out of the black image is horrible.

Now for the good.

I really like the background. It works very well and flows nicely.

I as well am not sure what the black image is supposed to be. It does look like a guitar head. However its very unique and thats something that you need today with some many sites looking the same.

Great start and good ideas with your site!

cdingman
06-16-2004, 03:40 AM
As far as the guitar head, i hadn't even thought of that and you are the first to mention it :)

I'm kind of going for unique but useful :)

I'll have to work on the shadows and what not, and will get that fixed i think.

I'm thinking about either putting some graphic in the center white square or maybe a small short flash movie or something....

:)

gmcrone
06-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Sorry about the guitar head comment, but that is what I first thought when I saw it.

I think a static graphic would work better in the center area.
Couple of ideas:
1. Curtains going up on a stage
2. Copy of poster for your next theatre production. ( I am sure the theatre makes posters of their productions, shrink one down to fit if it is possible)
3. Picture of an actual stage production (picture of actors on stage)

Mike...