PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

jemcmillan
05-20-2004, 04:41 AM
Hello all. I'm Jon Eric. I manage a very basic site for the U.S. Navy. I'm a Navy Journalist/Public Affairs Officer for USS Bonhomme Richard. I work with Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Pagemaker and some Flash. My real skills are in writing and photography, but I'm eager to update my web design skills.

marvamason
05-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi Jon -- I'm Marva in Houston TX. I started off working with Front Page years ago, and then migrated into Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is such a wonder after struggling with Front Page. I started off by creating a very simple website for the company I work for and have continued to re-invent the wheel every time I learned new applications in web design, mostly learning on my own the best I could. That website is www.acslabs.com, which is a metals analytical ccompany. I also have a couple of other sites of my own for my various interests -- including one for my graduating class of 1970, but I'm working on those and need to get those published this weekend.

Currently, I am working with Dreamweaver MX, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, and struggling with Flash.

domedia
05-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the new forums to both of you!
jemcmillan - we'll see if we can't get anyone to write some great web design articles for the club.
marvamason - reinventing the wheel all the time sounds time consuming. What kind of content could we include to help you out? :)

gmcrone
05-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Hello all,
My name is Mike. I own a web development company Ontario, Canada.
Most of our clients are looking at intranet/extranet sites. However we occasionaly do regular internet sites.
We primarily use Dreamweaver to create the sites, then when completed we license a copy of Contribute so the clients can do their own updates.
Other than Dreamweaver, we also use Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash (not as much any more), Fireworks, Quark, Front Page (!), Acrobate, Quask and a few other programs depending on the site.

Glad to see some people moving over from the old club to here.

kbmurali
05-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Hi,

My Name is Murali. Although I am into Java programming/web server admin stuff, I do try my luck in PS/Dreamweaver. I hope to learn more than contributing ( :o )

:)
Murali.

Harshal
08-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Hello All

I am Harshal, from Pune, India. Like Marva I too started with Front Page and migrated to DW. Its really fun to work with DW. I am basically into web designing and would like to hear more abt it. or better still if any one cud point me to prev. topics I cud upgrade myself and then participate in the discussions, thereby avoiding any flames tht i might create.

Also I would like to read more tutorials and step - by - step guides abt different topics in DW, like smatly designed menus, navigational tips etc.

anyways, it was a very long intro.

looking forward to contribute to the list.

regards to all
Harshal

domedia
08-19-2004, 04:47 AM
Hi Harshal,
Welcome to the Club :)